Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day FOUR SDCC 2013 (Part 2) Celebrity Pics

Saturday Night after dinner I decided to head to some local hotels and see if I could catch some celebrities leaving. My roomies were tired and rumour was that it wasn't "like last year" where you could easily snap photos as people left the party.
 
 
I decided to try anyways... in my own hotel leaving I saw Daniel Gillies. He is from Canada and so I automatically love him, but he is also in Vampire Diaries, the upcoming spin-off the Originals and Saving Hope which is a show I absolutely love. His very pregnant girlfriend, Rachel Leigh Cook was also with him but I didn't recognize her at first and she was getting into the elevator and seemed slightly annoyed. If I was that pregnant and in heels I may be annoyed too! ha ha
 
 
 
Next over by Hard Rock Hotel (where I stayed last year) I saw a crowd of people. I saw Joseph MOrgan from Vampire Diaries and The Originals leaving in a hoodie and leather jacket with friends. I asked for a photo and he said "sorry love, I have to go" sad. It took everything in my body not to chase him and beg... but, I *try* to be respectful, as hard as it is sometimes with someone like "Klaus" gahhhh!!!
 
Here are a few photos I did get from near Hard Rock:


Adam Savage from Mythbusters


Nelsan Ellis from True Blood
Things were pretty busy by the side door to Hard Rock as autograph hounds, fans, paparazzi all crowded as celebs left. People actually ran towards Nelsan, but his handlers kept him safe. I asked for a pic right before he was getting to his car. Love me some Lafayette, but also love Nelsan as an actor, so much talent!



Robert Buckley from One Tree Hill and more recently 666 Park Avenue.


Aimee Teegarden, who I also met at my hotel the other night. Looks so different with brown hair. She was in Friday Night Lights and will be in upcoming Star-Crossed

Things were quiet so I decided to walk around to the other side of the hotel, before I could get around the corner I spotted some Once Upon a Timers. I love OUAT and they film here in Vancouver, so I have a special place in my heart for them all. Also, Emilie DeRavin of course was in LOST and Remember Me, so was really excited to meet her. She took a photo with me, then said we could do another one because the first one wasn't clear. We chatted about OUAT and Vancouver and it was a good amount of time just chit chatting. Very cool!


 
Also with her was Michael Raymond-James from OUAT (Neal) but also True Blood (Rene) who was looking very cute. His friend even took these pics for us. Apparently "Hook" (Colin O'Donoghue) had just left... bummer!
 
 
Then coming out the side door of the hotel I saw Sam Trammell who stopped to do a photo with a few fans before getting into this car. Super friendly guy.



I mentioned that earlier in the day I left Ballroom 20 prior ot the Arrow panel, but after meeting Stephen Amell, I wish I'd stayed! Wow! What an attractive guy! He was also had a small role in a show I used to LOVE (Queer as Folk) I don't know much about this man, but I think I need to learn...

 
 
 Now if you read my Preview Night TO DO LIST You will remember I wanted to meet Scott Porter. I did... Unfortunately the pic was a bit blurry, but I saw him again later in the night and asked to snap a new pic because the earlier one was blurry and he said, "Only if you are in it with me" SQUEEE! The few fans around said "oooooooh" heh heh it was awesome! He is amazing and if you don't know who he is, he is currently in Hart of Dixie, and the upcoming movie "To Do List" (he has long hair in it though) and he was in Friday Night Lights and has had numerous other roles
.

 
 
 
Finally, I continued to the front of the hotel, which was my mission pre photo opps as I tried to leave side of hotel... and I saw a bunch of flashing lights and people freaking out... I walked up quickly and saw Aaron Paul walking by and walked with him for a quick snapped picture. He was talking to his buddy saying "wait a sec" when I snapped this... I guess I should have waited, but I wasn't sure he would stop given how many people were around... he did sign a few autographs for people as he got in the car also...





I also saw a few other incredible celebrities:


Tyler Hoechlin from Teen Wolf. I love him from 7th Heaven back in the day.


Brittany Snow from Pitch Perfect. I loved her in American Dreams.


David Lyons from Revolution. 'Monroe' He was also in ER and Safe Haven.
 When I saw "Daryl Dixon" coming out of the party I died. There were literally 6 people waiting as it was well after midnight and everyone leaving the party was stopping not just for photos with the few of us, but actually conversations. It was amazing. I was so upset I had missed the Walking Dead panel after so many hours in line the day before, this made everything better... gah!


Norman Reedus from Boondock Saints and Walking Dead. This made my life!
 Leaving with Norman was

Danai Gurira takes a quick pic with me and two other fans I met. The three of us got a lot of pics but when celebs were in a rush we teamed up.

I was so impressed that I spotted Ginnifer coming from the party. I am usually very slow to identify names (character and actor) and shows as my memory has some hiccups and delayed responses. Anyhow, I really love that I was able to get this photo of the two together...


Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Lucas aka Snow and Charming from OUAT

There was a calm. No one leaving, just a handful of us outside (literally like 6) and I spotted this attractive male waiting for his ride. He looked so familiar but I couldn't figure out how. Finally it hit me, Cyrus from Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, I recognized him from the panel that morning. I wasn't sure so I said hello and awkwardly said "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" he said "yes?" I said "Are you in it?" he said "yes I am" (and seemed excited I recognized him) I said "I thought so, I was at the panel this morning and it looks so amazing" he thanked me, we chatted about filming in Vancouver and when the pilot was filmed and so on. We got this photo and continued to chat. I told him I had brought my daughter to watch the finale of OUAT film and that I hoped to check out OUATIW set one day so he should come say hi if he sees fans. He said he would and I told him I would remind him that we met at Comic-Con and he joked "you have the photo to prove it" bahahaha what a great guy, nice accent too!



Peter Gadiot from OUATIW He is so attractive! And he is so kind!

Here are some more awesome encounters I had:


Lauren Cohan from Walking Dead. She was also in Vampire Diaries, Chuck and Supernatural.


Steven Yeun from Walking Dead
 Last year I met Nathan Fillion and he didn't do photos, there was a huge crowd and he gave out an autographed card that apologized for not stopping, but said to tell all your friends we met and hung out ha ha. This year I didn't ask for a photo but instead said "Hey Nathan, last year you gave me a card because you didn't have time to stop for photos, so I won't ask you this time but it's awesome to see you again" and he stopped and said "why won't you ask for a photo?" ha ha ha so I got one with him... adorable!


Nathan Fillion from Castle and Firefly, also Candian!

As I have mentioned, a lot, I waited 8.5 hours Friday to get into Hall H and missed a ton of panels, uincluding GAME OF THRONES, disappointing, but I got this amazing photo with Richard Madden, aka Robb Stark. I was so happy about this even though it is blurry and it's a horrible angle for my chins ha ha.

 
Right after Richard, Kit Harington left, he rushed by and I asked for a photo, he said no, so I said, "no problem, thanks anyways, have an amazing night Kit" he stopped, turned, touched my arm and said "thanks love you too" gah! I die I die I die! He then ran into his car, I did snap a pic of him as he got in but it is a bad pic and I think posting it would be disrespectful so I won't. But it made up for missing the panel for sure!! JON friggin SNOW!!


Drew Roy from Falling Skies. Of course I know him from Hannah Montana, because I am a mom


This was an awesome encounter also.... Tom Hiddleston, who had appeared earlier in the day as LOKI at the panel was leaving the party. It looks like he still has some Loki makeup on his neck ha ha! He paused for a quick photo as he left the party. So incredible!


Tom Hiddleston aka LOKI from Thor, Avengers.

One of my fave pics... WARLOW.... He was super sweet, stopped to chat and wasn't in any kind of rush. He is so good looking in True Blood and I just love him. The next day I saw him on the exhibit floor and asked how he was feeling after last night, he said "refreshed" because he had showered and slept ha ha - I got a photo of him with my friend Amy since she wasn't there last night. She told him how much she loved Pacific Rim and we chatted a bit before going on our way. What an incredibly nice guy!


Robert Kazinsky from True Blood (WARLOW/Ben) and Pacific Rim.


There were many more people leaving the party. Seth Green, who I got a pic with last year and seemed in a rush so we just said hi to him. Matt Smith from Doctor Who left in a hurry also so didn't even ask him for a photo as I could tell he was in a rush. I also saw Candice Accola from Vampire Diaries but she was holding someone's hand (her boyfriend?) and didn't even look up when people asked for an autograph or photo, which was too bad because people were being pretty courteous when celebrities said "no" for whatever reason. Also saw a few people who I didn't know or recognize so I didn't bug them, though some other fans did get pics etc. It was nice because it was such a small group of us, most stopped for pics and were quite engaged with us.

There was a vehicle that came for pick up and a group of people ran to the car from the side gate, which was kind of ridiculous because there were only 4 people waiting outside now. Anyways, I wasn't exactly sure who was there a blonde girl (Jennifer Lawrence?) another gal with darker hair, two guys and a third guy who I knew for sure to be Michael Fassbender because he got in the car last and left the door open to finish a cigarette. I DIE. I did see him before in L.A. once at Haywire advance screening, but this was cool. I wish I knew who he was with. The vehicle said Lionsgate (taped on sign in window) which is why I hoped for Hunger Game cast and guessed the blonde to be Jlaw but I have no clue.


 
 
Overall it was a pretty amazing night. I didn't go out til nearly midnight and didn't get home until after 4am, meaning I was up for over 24 hours straight (as you can tell by how I look IN the photos ha ha ugh!) But it was worth it to meet so many awesome actors and actresses I adore.
 
 

 ALSO CHECK OUT THESE SDCC POSTS:

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello I would like to know in which corner you can see david lyons?